OVERVIEW & START-UP
- Can be followed by up to five care partners to view data and receive alerts
- User needs to manually provide CareLink™ Personal username to care partners
- Must accept care partner request to follow (will appear in CareLink™ account once care partner sets up app)
- Securely view glucose levels, graphs, trends, and high or low glucose alerts anywhere, for greater peace of mind
- Ability to view pump data
- Be more informed and supportive, without being intrusive
- Available for both iOS and Android™ platforms
- Informed of alerts and notifications
- Ability to follow one patient
Care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app from the Apple App Store® or Google Play™ store.
The app will guide the care partner through start-up screens which give an introduction on app features.
A dosing disclaimer warning must be acknowledged and a Secure Screen lock must be set up during initial App start up.
Next, the care partner must send a follow request by inputting the username of the CareLink™ Personal account (provided by pump user). The pump user must accept this request within 24 hours in their CareLink™ account.
OVERVIEW OF SCREENS
TIME IN RANGE
- Notifications should occur when app is in foreground or background
- If notifications are not received by care partner:
- Ensure app is open (not force closed)
- Ensure notifications are set up correctly in app
- Tap Edit
- Tap the alert category
- Chose which to receive and whether a delay is desired
- Check phone setting to ensure notifications for the app are turned on
Frequently Asked Questions
- Adding a care partner is initiated in the CareLink™ Connect app. Once care partners download the CareLink™ Connect app, they will be prompted to create a CareLink™ account in the app, which will redirect to the CareLink™ website to complete the setup process. Once the account is created, they can click “Request to follow” and enter the pump user’s CareLink™ account username, then click “Send request.” The MiniMed™ Mobile user will have 24-hours to accept the request.
- A User Guide is also imbedded in the app and can accessed by tapping Menu, and then the Help section.
A care partner can currently follow only one person on MiniMed™ Mobile app at this time. To follow more than one person, the care partner would need to create an additional CareLink™ care partner account and link it to a different MiniMed™ Mobile app user. The CareLink™ Connect app can only be logged into one care partner account at a time, and so can only display one MiniMed™ Mobile app user’s data at a time.
Care partners can receive any of the notifications that the MiniMed™ Mobile app user has turned on in the pump by having that particular notification turned on in the CareLink™ Connect app. Care partners can choose to receive less notifications if desired.
To view up-to-date data, the CareLink™ Connect app user must be logged in and have internet connection on their phone. In addition, the MiniMed™ Mobile app user must have:
- Their pump and phone in range (about 6 metres)
- Their phone connected to internet access
- Sync to CareLink™ feature on
- Be logged into CareLink personal on the app
The CareLink™ Connect app Home screen will indicate when data was last uploaded.
Yes, care partners can adjust notifications and alarms in the CareLink™ Connect app. Also, depending on the phone's operating system, customers can control how they appear.