INTRODUCING COLLEEN LIVING WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES
For Colleen, a teacher, living with type 1 diabetes for 36 years meant that sleepless nights and a general feeling of uncertainty had become the normal way of life. Then she started Insulin Pump Therapy with the MiniMed® 640G.
“I’m not living in fear anymore. SmartGuard® helps me avoid hypos regularly – especially overnight.”
THE PREDICTIVE TECHNOLOGY OF SmartGuard® ENABLES COLLEEN TO REST EASY AND AVOID HYPOS BOTH DAY AND NIGHT.
The MiniMed® 640G with SmartGuard® helps predict your lows and highs with enough time to prevent a hypo.
MEET THE POWER OF PREDICTION AMBASSADORS
IS INSULIN PUMP THERAPY RIGHT FOR ME?
Many people with Insulin Dependent diabetes may benefit from an insulin pump, but aren't aware of the benefits. In general you could get better control with an insulin pump if you experience any of the following:
- J. C. Pickup and A. J. Sutton Severe hypoglycaemia and glycemic control in Insulin Dependant Diabetes: meta-analysis of multiple daily insulin injections compared with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion Diabetic Medicine 2008 :25, 765–774.
- Bergenstal RM1, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, Buse JB, Dailey G, Davis SN, Joyce C, Perkins BA, Welsh JB, Willi SM, Wood MA; STAR 3 Study Group. Sensor-augmented pump therapy for A1C reduction (STAR 3) study: results from the 6-month continuation phase. Diabetes Care. 2011 Nov;34(11):2403-5. doi: 10.2337/dc11-1248. Epub 2011 Sep 20.
- Battelino T, Conget I, Olsen B, et al. The use and efficacy of continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetes treated with insulin pump therapy: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetologia. 2012;55:3155–3162.
- Doyle EA, Weinzimer SA, Steffen AT, Ahern JAH, Vincent M, Tamborlane WV. A randomized prospective trial comparing the efficacy of insulin pump therapy with multiple daily injections using insulin glargine. Diabetes Care. 2004;27(7):1554–1558.
- Bode BW, Steed RD, Davidson PC. Reduction in severe hypoglycemia with long-term continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in Type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1996;19:324–327.
- The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med. 1993;329:977–986.
- Excluding Sure-T
- Assumes four injections per day for 30 days and one infusion set change every three days.
- Kaufman FR, et al. A pilot study of continuous glucose monitoring system. Diab Care. 2001:24:2030-2034
- User Evaluations. Data on File, Medtronic MiniMed, Inc., Northridge, CA.