Tired of experiencing unexpected lows? Worried about hypos? To avoid low glucose levels and maintain good glucose control, it is important to know where your glucose levels are and where they are heading. The MiniMed® 640G System^ with SmartGuard™ is designed to help protect you, so you can feel more secure.
See how advanced protection has helped MiniMed® 640G users Gareth and Jason.
MiniMed® 640G combines the intelligence of SmartGuard™ with the accuracy of Enlite™, to help mimic the function of a healthy pancreas, providing advanced protection against hypoglycaemia1.
- Based on your sensor glucose values, SmartGuard™ can predict when you are approaching low glucose levels 30 minutes in advance and automatically stop insulin delivery**.
- When your glucose levels recover, SmartGuard™ will automatically resume insulin delivery***.
- SmartGuard™ allows you to set multiple low limits throughout the day to give you increased protection when you need it most. You have the option to choose the time, day or night to enable this feature.
Helps to reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events.1
The MiniMed® 640G can now dynamically stop insulin delivery with a suspend feature and can significantly reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events2. Research shows that 93% of those who used a suspend feature in their pump felt more secure2 managing their diabetes. MiniMed® 640G also has these additional features for increased protection:
- Active insulin tracking, so the insulin still working in your body is displayed on the pump screen and taken into account in the Bolus Wizard™ recommendation.
- Bolus progress bar, allowing you to see the amount of bolus insulin being delivered and the ability to easily stop a bolus at any time.
- Predictive battery life, so you know when your battery will run out before it happens.
Tailored to your needs
The MiniMed® 640G removes some of the complexity, with:
- Personalised basal and bolus settings, to fit your needs throughout the day and night.
- Programmable friendly reminders, so you don’t forget any important activities.
- Adjustable audio options so you can change alert notifications depending on your environment e.g. when you are asleep, at the cinema or in a noisy restaurant.
Simplicity and discretion
The MiniMed® 640G System comes exclusively with the CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 from Bayer, the only available glucose meter that links wirelessly to our insulin pump system. CONTOUR NEXT LINK 2.4 has been shown to be more accurate° and easy to use3, giving you the following benefits.
- Wirelessly sends glucose readings to your pump
- Allows for remote bolus delivery
- Uploads pump data to CareLink™
Need some help calculating your insulin doses?
Bolus Wizard® can calculate and recommend insulin doses****, displaying all the information on one screen, so you can easily understand it and manage your insulin conveniently and more precisely.
- Garg S, et al. Reduction in duration of hypoglycemia by automatic suspension of insulin delivery: the in-clinic ASPIRE study. Diab Tech Ther. 2012;14(3):205-209
- User Evaluations. Data on File, Medtronic MiniMed® , Inc.,Northridge, CA
- Section 8 clinical study. Data on File. Bayer Healthcare, LLC.
° In comparison to Bayer Contour Link Meter
∞ Compared to basic integrated system
* Must be using Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter with Enlite to enable SmartGuard feature on the MiniMed® 640G insulin pump. A confirmatory fingerstick is still required prior to making adjustments to diabetes therapy.
** The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 3.9 mmol/L of the low limit and predicted to be 1.1 mmol/L above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
***The dynamic resume feature is based on certain preset criteria: sensor glucose must be 1.1 mmol/l above the preset low limit and predicted to be 2.2mmol/l above within 30 minutes AND insulin must have been suspended for at least 30 minutes.
****Calculation is based on the amount of insulin currently in the body, the amount of carbohydrates, the user’s current and target blood sugar levels, their insulin-to-carb ratio and their body’s sensitivity to insulin. Proper Bolus Wizard set-up must be completed first. Users must input the number carbohydrates they are eating and their current Blood Glucose value before the Bolus Wizard can calculate the insulin users should take.
†Waterproof at time of manufacture up to 3.6 meters for up to 24 hours at a time. See MiniMed® 640G User Guide for a complete description of the waterproof capabilities and proper use instructions.