Medtronic offers 24/7 support to help you with your diabetes management. As you commence your journey with insulin pump therapy, Medtronic will proudly partner you in better control. Our support services have been designed to provide you with the highest level of customer service, including:
- access to Medtronic Clinical Specialists
- access to Certified Pump Trainers
- a dedicated 24 hour global help line
- a travel loan program
Medtronic has the first available integrated system to help you better control your diabetes simply and effectively. Our truly integrated diabetes management system includes an Insulin Pump, CONTOUR® NEXT LINK blood glucose meter, CGM and complimentary CareLink® Personal therapy management software. Clinical trials have demonstrated that each component in the Medtronic integrated system can help lower HbA1c 1,2,3
- Medtronic MiniMed® 640G System^ is the only available product listed on the Prostheses List with SMARTGUARD™ technology.**
- MiniMed Paradigm Veo is the only available product listed on the Prostheses list with suspend on low feature*
- We're the pioneer and leader in providing continuous glucose monitoring systems with more than 7 million sensors sold worldwide.
- Globally Medtronic Diabetes invests over $100 million per year in research and development to help advance the goal of making an artificial pancreas a reality.
Education and Training
We are committed to providing you with the latest information and education, personally through our information events and education sessions, and online via our YouTube channel, webinars and learning modules. Our clinical support staff are dedicated to helping you get the most out of your pump and you also have access to our certified pump trainers.
† Based on total number of pump consumables sold nationally, NDSS sales data 2016.
** The Prostheses List outlines the products for which private health insurers are required to pay a benefit, including the agreed benefit payable. The Prostheses List Advisory Committee provides advice to the Minister for Health and Ageing about prostheses that should be included on the Prostheses List and the appropriate benefits for them based on the recommendation of independent clinical experts.
- Pickup JC, Sutton AJ. Severe hypoglycaemia and glycaemic control in Insulin Dependant Diabetes: meta-analysis of multiple daily insulin injections compared with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion. Diabet Med. 2008;25:765-774.
- Deiss D, Bolinder J, Riveline JP et al. Improved glycemic control in poorly controlled patients with Insulin Dependant Diabetes using real-time continuous glucose monitoring. Diabetes Care 2006, December; 29(12):2730-2.
- Corriveau EA, et al. Eff ect of Carelink, an internet-based insulin pump monitoring system, on glycemic control in rural and urban children with Insulin Dependant Diabetes mellitus. Ped Diab. 2008;9(Part ii):360-366.